Thursday, July 15, 2010

Toy Story Birthday Wordings

Firefox for iPhone & iPad: centralized management of my urls between PCs and iPhone / iPad Firefox Weave


The first iPhone application called the Mozilla Firefox Home "has just been approved by Apple while war still rages on the forehead browsers between Apple's Safari browser and Mozilla Firefox.

This first application could not be a direct port of Firefox: it would have had the same fate as other applications rejected by Apple because (sometimes hidden ...) too direct competition with Apple application corresponding , by Apple's Mobile Safari originally installed on the iPhone. Opera Mini has already had bitter experience ! This is of course for the firm of Steve Jobs protect up the market for platform iad Apple derived from redemption of Quattro Wireless.

So Firefox - because it's still nice to him it is - getting on the Apple Appstore by a circuitous route: the ubiquitous access to their favorite URLs stored by the service Weave.

I mentioned Firefox Weave: it allows me to find in my Firefox 3 (professional laptop, laptop and desktop personal family) my Important Links usual 400 or stored as bookmarks synchronized and inter-machine through the servers by adding the Mozilla add-on suitable . Easy access to "information capital" since I missed my iPhone when I need to access quickly a page usually in a mobile situation.

The gap is filled in: I just installed Firefox Home from the App Store of Apple and I now have access to these 400 URLs classified as strictly identical to that of Firefox. The search function by keywords is also very useful to avoid shipping.



When it selects a hyperlink, it is loaded into the web browser component of the iPhone SDK also used by Safari: A true sign of goodwill on the part of Mozilla ... unless this is a sign of patience before returning to the load on Firefox itself in its mobile version when the voltage is a little fallout.

I also tested on the iPad: this also works the same way by the compatibility mode between iPhone and iPad.

By cons, large current fault: it is the iPhone compatibility mode: therefore, one must choose between two bad solutions: a clear view at 25% size Screen iPad or a crazy display to 100%. Mr

Mozilla must now push the job to the end and we make a native version iPad!

When it comes, it will reduce my skepticism over iPad allowing me to increase my passive consumption of web content. I do not like the keyboard-screen iPad: Ipad version, I can surf from my couch on my usual sites have almost no need to use it!

Source: Blog Media & Tech (by Didier Durand)

0 comments:

Post a Comment